Statement of principles for the recognition of volunteers
Promote fairness, respect and dignity in your organisation by following these principles.
Statement of Principles for the Recognition of Volunteers
- This organisation demonstrates a commitment to best practice in volunteer management and all our people respect and support this commitment.
- Our volunteers are involved in the life of the organisation and are included in decisions that affect them.
- This organisation provides volunteers with clarity about their roles and is clear about expectations and policies that impact on their roles.
- Our volunteers respect the roles of everyone in the organisation.
- This organisation recognises and celebrates the contribution of volunteers.
- Our volunteers are provided with training and professional development for their roles.
- This organisation provides all our people with the opportunity to resolve disputes with respect and dignity.
NEED MORE INFORMATION? VISIT: volunteering.nsw.gov.au
Volunteer-friendly organisations are able to Adopt the Principles and demonstrate their commitment to their volunteers.
Released on 13 May 2013 by The Hon. Victor Dominello MP, Minister for Citizenship and Communities.