In 2022, we are welcoming organisations from across NSW to participate in the Standards Program, including those who have been through the program previously.
The Standards Review Program is a nine-month program run by M&G NSW to help museums, galleries and Aboriginal cultural centres benchmark themselves against the National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries and allow them access to expert advice and mentorship from our Standards Reviewers. These reviewers are experts from across the museum and gallery sector, who are specially appointed to address the nominated needs of each participating organisation.
Why should your museum participate?
- Receive practical and useful advice from your expert Standards Reviewers
- Receive support from M&G NSW Staff throughout
- Receive reports directly addressing your organisation’s specific needs
- Promotion through the M&G NSW Alert Newsletter, website and social media
- Take the time to celebrate your achievements and develop plans for the future
- Develop networks within the museum and galleries sector
- Be eligible to use the Standards Badge to show off your achievements
- Morale boost for the whole team!
If you are interested in participating in the Standards Review Program for 2022, or you would simply like some more information please contact Alice Norwood on 0411 742 665 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“The wonderful advice provided by M&G NSW and the Standards Review Program consultants has assisted the Armidale Folk Museum to deliver more professional exhibitions and standards as well as strengthen our future sustainability. Having their ongoing support is incredibly beneficial for us and other regional museums.”— Armidale Folk Museum, Armidale (2019 Standards Participant)