The Australian Museum is committed to continually improving access and inclusion for visitors, staff and volunteers with disabilities. The information in their Accessibility and Inclusion training video promotes their inclusive workplace culture for staff and volunteers and how to provide a dignified experience for our visitors. The video covers key topics that staff should be aware of, such as correct language and what a dignified experience looks like.
- To gain knowledge on what dignified experience is
- To learn communication and approach strategies for people with disability
- To show understanding and be supportive in interacting people with disability
- To know the considerations especially emergency evacuations including changing places facility
- To be aware on the importance of inclusion