History Week is the annual, state-wide celebration of history organised by the History Council of New South Wales.
The theme of History Week 2018 is ‘Life and Death’, which will explore life’s defining moments and the impact of death on communities across time. This rich palette includes:
- life’s milestones and how different cultures come to terms with death
- how we commemorate people’s lives
- what rituals and burial practices reveal about our relationship with and understanding of life and death
- how death has been feared, used as a form of punishment and shattered communities
- how communities have rebuilt after loss, shared stories across generations and inspired remembrance and creative expression.
Event registrations close 5pm Friday 29 June 2018.
If you’re a History Council of NSW member and you’d like to get involved, simply register your event, and either host a speaker or be a speaker in the History Week Speaker Connect program.
History Week 2018 website