Create NSW is working with Service NSW to develop the framework for the new Creative Kids initiative. Based on the successful Active Kids model, Creative Kids will provide $100 vouchers to subsidise school aged children’s involvement in creative cultural activities.
From January 2019, parents will be able to access both the $100 Active Kids voucher and the $100 Creative Kids voucher each year for every school-aged child. Museums and galleries will be able to register as Creative Kids providers later this year.
The draft eligibility criteria for providers are:
- Structured creative and cultural lesson(s) or activities
- For-profit or not-for-profit activity providers located in NSW.
- Hold a current ABN
- Hold appropriate skills, experience or qualifications for low risk activities they provide and/or appropriate
- Accreditation of high risk activities
- Obtain a Working with Children’s Check, clearance for all staff and/or volunteer as required
- Hold a relevant insurance e.g. Certificate of Currency
Create NSW is interested in your feedback to help inform the program.
Complete the survey before 3 August: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GJ2CLM9
There will also be an opportunity to register your interest and participate in a focus group.
For more information contact Grainne Brunsdon, Director Engagement, Partnership and Development, Create NSW.