Yarrawarra Aboriginal Cultural Centre - Jagun Birriimba (Embracing Nature) workshop 2017.
Create NSW is working with Service NSW to develop the framework for the new Creative Kids initiative. Based on the successful Active Kids model, Creative Kids will provide $100 vouchers to subsidise school aged children’s involvement in creative cultural activities.
From January 2019, parents will be able to access both the $100 Active Kids voucher and the $100 Creative Kids voucher each year for every school-aged child. Museums and galleries will be able to register as Creative Kids providers later this year.
The draft eligibility criteria for providers are:
- Structured creative and cultural lesson(s) or activities
- For-profit or not-for-profit activity providers located in NSW.
- Hold a current ABN
- Hold appropriate skills, experience or qualifications for low risk activities they provide and/or appropriate
- Accreditation of high risk activities
- Obtain a Working with Children’s Check, clearance for all staff and/or volunteer as required
- Hold a relevant insurance e.g. Certificate of Currency
Create NSW is interested in your feedback to help inform the program.
Complete the survey before 3 August: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GJ2CLM9
There will also be an opportunity to register your interest and participate in a focus group.
For more information contact Grainne Brunsdon, Director Engagement, Partnership and Development, Create NSW.