Berrima District Museum new exhibition space in progress
The second round of the Volunteer Museum Grants for 2015 has been finalised and we’re very happy to announce the 21 winners.
The Development Project Grants were awarded for projects in the areas of Significance Assessment, strategic planning and collection documentation.
Gerringong Historical Museum was awarded a grant to bring in internationally regarded consultant Roslyn Russell to assess the significance of their collection. The project was identified in their Strategic Plan 2015-2018 as a critical step for our society and the Museum.
The Small Grants were awarded in a wide variety of areas, including showcases, exhibition interpretation, lighting, audio-visual equipment, shelving, signage, brochures, archival material and disaster preparedness.
The Gondwana Coast Fossil House was awarded a grant to print professional object labels and thematic panels for their brand new exhibitions in their newly acquired building on Green St in Ulladulla. The labels and information panels will enhance the displays over the three exhibition rooms.
Quick stats to entice
Here are some quick stats about the grants—hopefully they’ll inspire you to apply this year!
- 21 of 38 applications were successful
- $53,672.95 was allocated
- The funds will support the work of volunteers in 20 local government areas in 12 regions of NSW
What's in a name?
From this year, some of the Volunteer Museum Grants will have new names. We have dropped the use of ‘initiated’ in the title to make them more intuitive. The program focus remains the same as do the amounts of money available.
The following grant rounds will open shortly.
List of winners
Here is the complete list of Volunteer Museum Grant winners for 2015
Development Project Grants – up to $7500
- Broken Hill Historical Society museums – Significance Assessment
- Old Courthouse Museum, Batemans Bay – Audience Development and Education Outreach Plan
- Coffs Harbour Regional Museum – Strategic Plan
- Gerringong Historical Museum – Significance Assessment
- Holbrook Submarine Museum – Regional Strategic Plan for the museums of the Greater Hume Shire
- Narromine Aviation Museum – Collection documentation
Skills Initiative Grants – up to $4000
- Synagogue of the Outback Museum, Broken Hill – Collections care workshop
- Corowa Federation Museum – Collection management workshop
- Museums Australia – Central Tablelands Chapter – Museum security workshop
- Museums Australia – Mid North Coast Chapter – Disaster Planning workshop
- Tamworth Powerstation Museum – ‘Telling Significant Stories’ workshop
Small Grants – up to $2000
- Bega Pioneers Museum – Collection documentation
- Bowraville Folk Museum – Dehumidifier
- Canowindra Historical Museum – Archival material
- Central Coast Interactive War Exhibit – Brochure printing
- Clarence Town & District Historical Museum –Showcases
- Colonial Inn Museum, Mudgee – Showcase
- Don Dorrigo and Guy Fawkes Historical Society Museum – Shelving
- Dungog Museum – Showcase
- Mulwaree High School Remembrance Museum – Mannequins
- Gilgandra Rural Museum – Showcases
- Gondwana Coast Fossil House – Exhibition labelling
- Harper’s Mansion – Showcase
- Hay Gaol Museum – Lighting upgrade
- Headlie Taylor Header Museum – Collections management software
- Illawarra Museum – Disaster preparedness workshop
- Lithgow Small Arms Factory Museum – Graphic panel for entrance
- Kempsey Museum – Education program kit
- McCrossins Mill Museum – Shelving
- Moruya Museum – Mannequins
- Museum of Antiquities – Audio-Visual equipment for exhibition
- Norman Lindsay Gallery & Museum – Archival material
- NSW Lancers Memorial Museum – Showcases
- Port Macquarie Museum – Showcase
- Old Courthouse Museum, Batemans Bay – Significance Assessment
- Thredbo Ski Museum – Showcase
- Tinonee Museum – Lighting upgrade
- Ungarie Museum – Exhibition panels
- Weethalle Whistle Stop Arts and Crafts Museum – Exhibition panels
- Wentworth Pioneer Museum – Showcases
Congratulations everyone and good luck with your projects.