Don’t miss the opportunity to network with your peers during Sydney’s busiest month of art and culture.
Registrations are now open for Art & Artists: Public Galleries Summit 2018 presented by Carriageworks and Regional and Public Galleries of NSW in association with Museums & Galleries of NSW. Taking place between 18-21 March Art & Artists will bring together staff from galleries throughout Australia and New Zealand. The sector is diverse, covering major cultural institutions, regional galleries, artist run initiatives, contemporary art spaces and of course, most importantly, artists themselves.
Held concurrently with the 21st Biennale of Sydney, Art & Artists will focus on the distinction that the visual arts and artists bring to the cultural space. The Summit will present a lively program including panel discussions, workshops and networking events over four days at Carriageworks and other venues across the city.
Summit speakers include:
- Esther Anatolitis, Executive Director, National Association for the Visual Arts
- Brook Andrew, artist, Melbourne
- Julian Bowron, Director, Bunbury Regional Art Galleries, Bunbury
- Grainne Brunsdon, Director, Engagement, Partnerships and Development, Create NSW
- Lisa Cahill, CEO and Artistic Director, Australian Design Centre, Sydney
- Rebecca Coates, Director, Shepparton Art Museum, Shepparton
- Justine Cogan, Development Manager, Octapod, Newcastle
- Michael Edwards, Director, Contemporary Art Tasmania, Hobart
- Reuben Friend, Director, Pataka Art + Museum, New Zealand
- Jim Geddes, District Curator, Eastern Southland Gallery, New Zealand
- Alexie Glass-Kantor, Executive Director, Artspace, Sydney
- Channon Goodwin, artist and Director, Bus Projects, Melbourne
- Courtney Johnston, Director, Hutt City Museums, New Zealand
- Mami Kataoka, Artistic Director, Biennale of Sydney
- Deborah Kelly, artist, Sydney
- Elizabeth Ann Macgregor OBE, Director, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, Sydney
- Daniel Mudie Cunningham, Senior Curator - Visual Arts, Carriageworks, Sydney
- Brigid Noone, artist and Director, Fontanelle Gallery & Studios, Adelaide
- Juilee Pryor, artist, Sydney
- Ben Quilty, artist, Sydney
- Jacquie Riddell, Director, Public Engagement, Art Gallery of NSW, Sydney
- Oliver Watts, artist and curator, Sydney
- Dominic Willsdon, Curator, Education & Public Practice, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, USA
Stay tuned for further speaker announcements and the draft program. To take advantage of the Early Bird registration offer please visit the Eventbrite page.
Art & Artists: Public Galleries Summit 2018 is presented by Carriageworks and Regional and Public Galleries of NSW in association with Museums & Galleries of NSW and the Biennale of Sydney. This project is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW and the City of Sydney.
In this article