Carriageworks and Regional and Public Galleries of NSW in association with Museums & Galleries of NSW present Art & Artists: Public Galleries Summit 2018. Held concurrently with the 21st Biennale of Sydney, Art & Artists will bring together staff from galleries throughout Australia and New Zealand during Sydney’s busiest month of art and culture. The gallery sector is diverse, covering major cultural institutions, regional galleries, artist run initiatives, contemporary art spaces and of course, most importantly, artists themselves.
Focusing on the distinction that the visual arts and artists bring to the cultural space, Art & Artists will present a lively program including panel discussions, workshops, a summit dinner and other networking events at one of Australia’s most significant contemporary arts centres, as well as other venues across the city.
Summit speakers include:
- Esther Anatolitis, Executive Director, National Association for the Visual Arts
- Brook Andrew, artist, Melbourne
- Julian Bowron, Director, Bunbury Regional Art Galleries, Bunbury
- Grainne Brunsdon, Director, Engagement, Partnerships and Development, Create NSW
- Lisa Cahill, CEO and Artistic Director, Australian Design Centre, Sydney
- Rebecca Coates, Director, Shepparton Art Museum, Shepparton
- Justine Cogan, Development Manager, Octapod, Newcastle
- Michael Edwards, Director, Contemporary Art Tasmania, Hobart
- Reuben Friend, Director, Pataka Art + Museum, New Zealand
- Jim Geddes, District Curator, Eastern Southland Gallery, New Zealand
- Alexie Glass-Kantor, Executive Director, Artspace, Sydney
- Channon Goodwin, artist and Director, Bus Projects, Melbourne
- Courtney Johnston, Director, Hutt City Museums, New Zealand
- Mami Kataoka, Artistic Director, Biennale of Sydney
- Deborah Kelly, artist, Sydney
- Elizabeth Ann Macgregor OBE, Director, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, Sydney
- Marco Marcon, Artistic Director & Co-Founder, International Art Space, Perth
- Daniel Mudie Cunningham, Senior Curator - Visual Arts, Carriageworks, Sydney
- Brigid Noone, artist and Director, Fontanelle Gallery & Studios, Adelaide
- Juilee Pryor, artist, Sydney
- Ben Quilty, artist, Sydney
- Jacquie Riddell, Director, Public Engagement, Art Gallery of NSW, Sydney
- Oliver Watts, artist and curator, Sydney
- Dominic Willsdon, Curator, Education & Public Practice, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, USA
Further speakers and draft program to be published soon.
When: Sunday 18 March – Wednesday 21 March 2018
Where: Carriageworks, Eveleigh NSW (plus other Sydney venues soon to be announced)
Early Bird registration $550 plus booking fee
Discount registration* $385 plus booking fee
Summit dinner (Monday 19 March) $100 plus booking fee
* Available to students, concession cardholders, individual artists and volunteer run organisation representatives only. Students and concession cardholders may be asked to show student or concession card at registration.
Register via Eventbrite.
For more information about this event please contact Jane Gillespie, Program & Events Coordinator, Museums & Galleries of NSW on 02 9339 9914 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art & Artists: Public Galleries Summit 2018 is presented by Carriageworks and Regional and Public Galleries of NSW in association with Museums & Galleries of NSW and the Biennale of Sydney. This project is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW and the City of Sydney.