The National Library of Australia encourages community groups from around Australia to apply for the 2015 Community Heritage Grants. Up to $15,000 is available to assist with the preservation and management of nationally significant heritage collections, safeguarding these objects for future generations.
Projects that may qualify for grants include:
- significance assessments of collections
- preservation needs assessments of collections
- the purchase of archival quality storage materials
- conservation activities including cleaning or rebinding
- the purchase and installation of environmental control and monitoring equipment
- cataloguing or collection management software
The Community Heritage Grants Program has provided funding of over $5 million for 1,117 metropolitan and regional projects since its inception in 1994. Non-for-profit organisations such as historical societies, museums, public libraries, archives and Indigenous and migrant community groups are invited to apply.
Applications close on Friday 1 May 2015 at 5pm (AEST).
For more information and to apply visit: www.nla.gov.au/chg