The National Cartoon Gallery (NCG) is Australia’s first and only dedicated cartoon art gallery and custodian of the Coffs Cartoon Collection with over 23,500 cartoons from leading Australian and international cartoonists.
The Gallery has recently expanded it’s funky and unique appeal to include a café/restaurant and large modern exhibition space above the original authentic underground WWII bunker. The gallery regularly hosts exhibitions, cartooning workshops and special events to continually support and preserve the Australian cartooning industry – preserving the fun and freedom in art!
The Gallery is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a board of management and dedicated volunteers.
About the role
We seek an energetic and experienced business leader who has a healthy sense of fun and humour to lead the team, ensuring the ongoing commercial and artistic success of the Gallery.
Our ideal manager will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous management/leadership experience (minimum 5 years)
- High level stakeholder management and communication skills
- Commitment to high level visitor experience
- Experience working with a Board
- Experience in managing volunteers
- Commitment to continual growth and innovation
- Building a positive culture, championing adopted behaviours and values
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Strategic thinking
- Digital media marketing experience
- Understanding of Gallery operations (preferred)
- Overseeing day to day operation of the gallery in conjunction with the Board’s strategic and operational plans
- Increase visitor growth and experience
- Prepare, execute and monitor the marketing strategy
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Seek, plan, promote and deliver exceptional exhibitions, programs and events
- Promoting and supporting the Cartoon industry
- Management of staff and volunteers
- Manage the overall gallery budget: cost controls, profit margins, revenue generation and expenditure
- Seek and prepare grant funding applications
- Seek external funding/donor options
- Ensure up-to-date gallery procedures
- Actively promote the gallery within local community
- Reporting and liaising with the Board and various sub-committees
- Permanent opportunity
- Healthy work/life balance
- Coastal lifestyle in growing regional area
- Flexible working conditions
- Performance based incentives
You might also be interested in:
Manager, Pasifika Collections & Engagement
This job is with the Australian Museum and closes on 1 June 2021.