Applications for the 2020 Community Heritage Grants (CHG) program are now open.
Community Heritage Grants of up to $15,000 are available to assist in preserving Australian cultural heritage collections that are publicly accessible, locally held and nationally significant.
Not-for-profit organisations, such as historical societies, regional museums, archives, galleries, public libraries and Indigenous and migrant community groups, are encouraged to apply.
The types of projects supported include:
- significance assessments of collections
- preservation needs assessments of collections
- purchase of archival quality storage materials
- preservation training projects
- conservation activities, including cleaning, treatment or rebinding
- purchase and installation of environmental control and monitoring equipment
- copying of material once originals have been preserved
- cataloguing or collection management software.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 4 May 2020 (AEST).