Bursaries Offered – Cultural Mediators in Practice
A number of bursaries are available for regional and public gallery and museum staff to attend Cultural Mediation in Practice.
Each bursary will provide $500 to support attendance at the workshop and a free registration for the event.
The event will take place on Monday 26 August 2019, 11am – 5pm at Artspace, The Gunnery, 43–51 Cowper Wharf Rd, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011.
- Marion Buchloh-Kollerbohm, Head of Cultural Mediation, Palais de Tokyo, Paris, France
- Mel O’Callaghan, artist
- Lee Casey, Head of Communications and Engagement, Science Gallery Melbourne, University of Melbourne
- Emily Sullivan, Curator, Kaldor Public Art Projects
Afternoon practical sessions will be run by Marion Buchloh-Kollerbohm and Ellie Michaelides, Learning & Engagement Coordinator, Science Gallery Melbourne and the day will include a tour of Mel O’Callaghan’s Centre of the Centre exhibition and performance.
Closing Date: Wednesday 26 June, 5pm
Successful applicants will receive notification the first week of July.
To be eligible you must:
- Be working in a paid position in a NSW public museum or gallery
- Attend the full day’s program on 26 August 2019 (11- 5pm)
- Have all the relevant permissions from your employer and/or organisation
- Not have applied for, or received, other funding for the same activity.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Relevancy of the program aims to your skills and current employment
- Ability to apply new knowledge to your present workplace
The selection process will take into consideration the following:
- Whether an applicant has a greater need of assistance than equally ranked applications
- Whether the applicant’s organisation would benefit more than equally ranked applications.
Please contact M&G NSW on 02 9252 8300 if there are any problems submitting your application.