Situated in the historic Wyalong Courthouse, the Museum is managed by volunteers of Bland District Historical Society Incorporated. The opening hours are 2pm – 5pm daily.
The building was erected in 1900 by renowned architect Walter Liberty Vernon and shows many of his innovative ideas on light and ventilation. The heritage court room with cedar woodwork and holding dock is in its original pristine condition.
School children are encouraged to role play in a mock court case to better understand the procedures and legalities of a court room.
The collection has displays on domestic, social and rural exhibits. Military memorabilia is a key exhibit focusing on our local VC winner from World War 2, Corporal Reg Rattey.
The collection of early wagons, tractors and sulkies are housed in a purpose built shed on the precinct.
The Museum holds extensive archives of history of the area, including over 2000 photographs of pioneers and early Wyalong streetscapes. Newspapers from 1894 to 2000 are also held at the Museum.
The mining room features the story of Mr Fred Neeld the founder of gold in 1894, which led to the development of the township. The area’s gold mining history is also reflected.
Contact & Visit
69 Neeld Street
(02) 6972 3303
2:00 pm to 5:00 pm