History comes alive at the Cottage Museum.
Mannequin in foreground wears a Quirindi Marching Girl uniform, circa 1960's, worn by Mrs Jeanette Tickle (nee Detloff). The marching girls were aged between 14 and 17 years. Their first public performance was at Quirindi Spring Festival on the October long weekend in 1965.
Mannequin in centre of picture is wearing a two piece wedding ensemble worn by Amelia Porter, nee Anderson, of Bowling Alley Point, who married John Hartley Australia Porter in 1877.
Family history can be researched at the Museum. Reference books also available.
Museum Open for Business
QDHS Cottage Museum Symbol
Welcome to the Quirindi & District Historical Society Inc’s profile page on Museums & Galleries of NSW Website.
The Historical Cottage was built at 44 Station Street, Quirindi in 1887 from locally made sandstock bricks and had many associations with the history of Quirindi through the years.
It houses collections from many parts of our history: farming, hospital, communications, family histories, sporting events, military memorabilia, local government, clothing from long ago and all of those things that were used in every day living.