100 Wheat and Wool Teams at Manilla Railway Yard in 1905
Manilla’s first museum opened to the public in 1973, in temporary premises at the southern end of Manilla street. Local history buffs have been collecting stories, documents, artefacts and memorabilia since incorporation of the History Group in 1972. “Royce Cottage”, now renamed Manilla Heritage Museum, opened in 1975. Today, the Manilla Community Colleciton is acknowledged as a significant archive of Australian Rural Community History.