Do you have an idea to improve your community?
My Community Project is your chance to nominate community projects for government funding.
For the first time, you will be able to put forward ideas for community projects and vote for the best ideas in your area. The projects that get the most votes will receive funding – up to $260,000 is available for your local community.
Now is the time to start thinking about projects to benefit the community where you live. Funding is available for Cultural projects that increase local participation in arts or cultural programs and Community Revitalisation projects that foster stronger community bonds, engagement and participation in public programs. Organisations can register for updates about the program via the website and applications open 2 April 2019.
What projects are eligible?
Projects must benefit the local community and request funding between $20,000 and $200,000.
Projects must align with one or more of the six program categories:
- Accessible communities – makes everyday life more inclusive to all community members by increasing accessibility and mobility
- Cultural communities – adds to the cultural and artistic life of the community by increasing opportunities for residents to participate in arts and cultural activities
- Healthy communities – supports the community’s physical and mental wellbeing, by enabling healthy and active lifestyles
- Liveable communities – improves local amenity and environment
- Revitalising communities – fosters stronger community bonds, encourages social engagement and participation in public programs
- Safe communities – promotes a safe and secure community where people can participate and enjoy the benefits of community life.