- Utilise your interior or industrial design experience in a unique working environment.
- Full time, temporary opportunity (up to 12 months) for an experienced Exhibition Designer
- Salary Package up to $104,554. Package includes salary ($85,744 – $94,610), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
As the Exhibition Designer, you will be responsible for the design, planning and production of exhibitions, displays, major installations, visible collection storage, permanent galleries, and event and experiential design projects.
Day to day, you will:
- Develop design concepts in accordance with project briefs.
- Prepare and present detailed design and drawing specifications in accordance with relevant codes.
- Resolve the design integration of exhibition elements, such as graphics, objects, multimedia, lighting, interactives, to ensure the design is appropriate for the display of objects and addresses different audience needs.
- Design graphics, signage and display panels, including design and layout of text and images, to enable the development of creative and effective displays.
- Oversee contractors engaged in the production and installation of exhibitions and displays.
- Install and dismantle exhibitions and displays as required.
The successful candidate
To be successful in this role you will have;
- A tertiary degree in an applied architectural, interior or industrial design field and/or experience deemed equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in exhibition design or related interior architectural design and construction with knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and sections of the Building Code of Australia.
- Well developed knowledge of exhibition design and all facets of presentation including audience experience, interpretative techniques, display of original collection materials and production mythologies.
- High level written, oral communication and organisational skills; project management skills; IT literate including VectorWorks and/or AutoCAD.