- Opportunity to provide curatorial expertise in fields of arts, design, science and technology across all MAAS Sites
- Ongoing Full-time employment with flexible working conditions.
- Package includes salary ($87,169 – $104,226), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
The Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Australia. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW
You will be providing curatorial expertise directed towards research, collection development, collection access, exhibition, content development, public & education programs.
You will also be involved in developing, preparing and contributing to exhibition and project documentation, collection policies, reports and acquittals for MAAS online and print publications, monthly reports, budgets, sponsorship, fundraising and acquisition proposals, grant applications and general administration.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably at post graduate level, combined with three to five years curatorial experience in a museum/not-for profit venue and/or as an independent curator.
- Extensive knowledge in Australian history and two or more of the following fields is essential: technologies, health and medicine, physical sciences, astronomy, engineering, architecture & the built environment; design & decorative arts, fashion, contemporary culture, Indigenous culture and Asian culture.
- Demonstrated curatorial and research abilities, critical wiring skills and a proven track record of original publication.
- Demonstrated experience in initiating, developing and executing projects, exhibitions and programs of excellence and engaging diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-disciplinary collections including research, development and policy frameworks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, time-management skills and demonstrated ability to manage projects and effectively prioritise work under pressure.