Are you passionate about working with and supporting museums and galleries in NSW? Would you like an opportunity to contribute to the development of staff and volunteers within the small to medium museum and gallery sector in NSW?
Then this position might be the chance you’ve been looking for to kick start a career, working for Museums & Galleries of NSW (M&G NSW).
- Are you a great visual communicator and writer?
- Do you have experience using InDesign?
Museums & Galleries of NSW is seeking a suitably experienced person to join its Communications team. The team is responsible for the creation, design, distribution and maintenance of information and resources provided by M&G NSW to the wider museum and gallery sector of NSW.
As part of this team you will undertake a range of tasks including: quick turnaround design and layout of promotional materials, ensuring the online content is relevant and up-to-date, assist with the marketing and promotion of events as well as looking after the contacts databases. Working in a multi-team office you will also share in a range of duties such as responding to enquires from the museum and gallery sector and the public.
About Museums & Galleries of NSW
M&G NSW works with museums, galleries and Aboriginal cultural centres throughout NSW to create exciting and inspiring experiences for visitors and strong, thriving local communities. We develop their skills, connect them with others in the industry, provide funding, point visitors their way, and give them access to ground-breaking exhibitions.
Our focus is the 500+ small to medium sized organisations in NSW that have the passion to inspire their communities and visitors through art, artefacts, stories and ideas, but do not always have the means to realise their potential. With 66% of museums, galleries and cultural centres located outside of metro areas, we also want to help more people discover the many cultural gems NSW has to offer.
Core Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated written communication and editorial skills.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience in design software applications including, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator as part of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and database programs.
- Strong customer service skills in dealing with the public, corporate and other stakeholders.
Conditions of Employment
4 weeks annual leave
10 Days sick leave
Long service leave in line with M&G NSW policy
Time In Lieu in line with M&G NSW policy
Parental Leave in line with M&G NSW policy
Observe M&G NSW Code of Conduct
HOW TO APPLY
Please download and read the position description.
To discuss your application and for further information please contact Jason Gee, Communications & IT Manager on 0424 773 626 or email@example.com.
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 20 June 2021
- a cover letter addressing why you would like this position;
- a statement of no more than four pages that addresses your how your skills, knowledge and experience match each of the criteria listed in the Knowledge and Experience & Desirable Experience sections of the position description; and
- a resume and contact details for two referees
The salary is $55,975 + 9.5% employer superannuation contribution + annual leave loading.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 21 June 2021
You might also be interested in:
Collection Storage and Logistics Manager
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 28 November 2021.
Head Curator International Art
This job is with The National Gallery of Australia and closes on 7 December 2021.