Tomage House gives a vivid insight into how weathly landowners lived in the mid 19th century. The house is noted for it’s fine verandahs looking over pastoral land, interiors which reflected the lives and times of a family of status and a social history which spans three generations.
This property was originally the estate and country residence of barrister Richard Windeyer and his wife Maria. After Windeyer died in 1847, Maria was left to run the vast agrricultural estate on her own. She refinanced the propety to maintain viability and added to the building with a Chapel completed in 1861. Inexplicable sightings of an elderly woman rocking in her chair on the verandah have lead some to believe she still keeps a watchful eye over the property.
Contact & Visit
421 Tomago Road
National Trust members free
10:30 am to 3:30 pm