The Emmaville Cottage, situated in the Orange Botanic Gardens precinct, is believed to date from the 1850s. The four room prefabricated cottage is typical of early Australian vernacular architecture, when American redwood panels were shipped from the United States and assembled to build large numbers of cottages in Australia.
The cottage was moved to its current site from the Waratahs sports field, once part of the Narrambla Estate. The cottage is believed to be one of the last farm buildings from the Narrambla property, where Banjo Paterson was born in 1864. The cottage was to be demolished to make way for new housing developments however, the Orange community advocated for its conservation.
The cottage, now missing its lean-to and out buildings, was relocated to the Orange Botanic Gardens precinct in April 2013. Restoration of the cottage was undertaken by the Orange Rotary Club, Orange City Council and other volunteers from the Orange community.