Clarence Town and District Historical Museum
Erringhi was the Aboriginal name for the area in which Clarence town now resides. A town was established on the banks of the Williams River and was renamed Clarence Town in 1826 and was a timber cutting town. The current Town Courthouse was built in 1869 and remained a courthouse until about 1970. The building remained idle until a bi-centenary project was set in motion to restore it in 1986, this work was completed in 1992. The museum is for the history of Clarence Town and surrounding areas, it is a heritage listed property and the historical society that runs it as a not-for-profit organisation, donations for the upkeep are greatly appreciated. Please take time to visit and support us. We love our history and are passionate about keeping it.
Second Saturday of the month, 8am – 2pm
Last Saturday of the month, 10am – 2pm
Also open by appointment
Contact & Visit
115 Prince Street
(Corner of Prince and Grey streets)
Gold Coin donation, Group morning/afternoon tea’s booking required - price on request, walking tour booking required - price on request.