Since 2011 Maria has been the principal of an independent design practice, focusing on exhibition graphics, illustration, editorial design, and branding for the cultural sector. Core areas of expertise: Exhibition graphics, catalogue design, marketing collateral, press advertising, way finding, signage, print and production management. Some of her clients include: State Library of New South Wales, National Museum of Australia, Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT), Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS), Head On Photo Festival and CSIRO.
• CSIRO Collections Lab — CSIRO Discovery Centre, Canberra — 2017
• Evolution: Torres Strait Masks — National Museum of Australia, Canberra — 2017
• A Change Is Gonna Come — National Museum of Australia, Canberra — 2017
• Exit Art — MAGNT, Darwin — 2017
• Egyptian Mummies: Exploring Ancient Lives — Powerhouse Museum, Sydney — 2016