The Standards Program, has been running in its present form for over sixteen years. Since commencing with a pilot program in the Hunter Region in 2003 over 140 organisations have participated to date.
Advantages of the program include:
- Practical and useful advice from your expert Standards Reviewers
- Support from M&G NSW Staff throughout
- Reports directly addressing your organisation’s specific needs
- Promotion through the M&G NSW Alert Newsletter, website and social media
- Time to celebrate your achievements and develop plans for the future
- Ability to develop networks within the museum and galleries sector
- Eligibility to use the Standards Badge to show off your achievements
- Morale boost for the whole team!
Though M&G NSW has lots of anecdotal feedback on how well it works for those who participate in the program, in 2013 we undertook some desk research using data held by M&G NSW from past grant applications and previous research. We also asked a few questions about when key policies were implemented from past Standards participants. From the 99 organisations that participated in the program between 2003 and 2012, we were able to source internal data on 74 of them. 65 organisations responded to the short survey emailed to past Standards participants.
The key findings are:
- 79% of organisations have seen an increase in the value of the grants they receive from us.
- 36% of organisations have seen the number of volunteers increase.
- 51% have seen visitor numbers increase.
- There has been an increase in the adoption of key polices both during and after the program.
- 69% believe that Standards has enabled them to have better regional networks.
- 70% believe that Standards has helped them develop a more diverse funding base.