The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations.
World Heritage listed Old Government House is the oldest surviving public building in Australia. Built by convicts, it became the decision-making center of the colony and served as the ‘country residence’ for the first ten Governors of Australia. Today, it is operated as a historic house museum and is home to the National Trust’s colonial furniture collection, early textiles and significant home wares from the time of the Governors. Experiment Farm Cottage is the site of Australia’s first land grant and is named after the successful self-sufficiency experiment conducted there by James Ruse. It too is operated as a historic house museum and is dressed to reflect the mid-1830s.
As we start to reopen our properties around NSW, we’re looking for an energetic team leader with a track record of delivering high quality, visitor-centric customer service to coordinate the day-to-day operations of these two properties and work with our wonderful team of volunteers to create an experience for our visitors which is welcoming, engaging and enables them to get the most out of their visit.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, Western Sydney, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and managing the daily operations of Old Government House and Experiment Farm Cottage including admissions, reception, bookings and site security processes, when the property is open during the weekend.
- Coordinating all activities on site including tours, venue hire and events.
- Managing incidents as they arise on duty days.
- Coordinating volunteer rosters to ensure both properties are adequately resourced on those days.
- Leading and motivating the volunteers working onsite, either as guides or front of house to deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
- Development and delivery of a structured volunteer training and induction program, in consultation with the NSW Volunteer Coordinator and other property staff.
- Inducting and training new volunteers to ensure consistency of service delivery
- Maintaining volunteer records to ensure compliance
- Coordinating property bookings
You’ve led a team of customer-focused staff before and can lead and motivate them to perform at their best. You will be flexible enough to deal with the myriad of things that comes with operating two historic properties that are open to the public and ideally, you will have had some experience in working with communities, tourism or the cultural sector.
We’re looking for someone who truly believes in customer service, can ensure bookings run like clockwork and knows the value of teamwork. We offer a flexible work environment and value the highest levels of professionalism.
- Salary package up to $52.5k FTE
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- For a full position description or any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email email@example.com
- To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: 27 November 2020
- Immediate start available if required