Visitor Experience Coordinator
Visitor Experience Coordinator
National Trust of Australia (NSW)
• Location: Bowral, NSW
• Job Type: Part-time, 23 hrs week
• Category: Museums and Galleries
• Sectors: Arts, Culture, Heritage
• Reports to: Property Manager, Retford Park
• Salary package: Approx $62.4k FTE (inc super and leave loading) pro rata for PT hours
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating for the conservation and protection of our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
Located in Bowral, Retford Park features an elegant Victorian Italianate residence surrounded by over thirty hectares of formal gardens and grounds. The visitor experience includes open days, guided tours, events, venue hire opportunities, plus a small retail and gallery space.
As Visitor Experience Coordinator you will be responsible for all aspects of the visitor experience to ensure it is a welcoming, accessible and inclusive environment.
About the Role
We are seeking dynamic customer focussed Coordinator to take responsibility for oversight and management of the visitor experience at Retford Park with support from a team of enthusiastic volunteers.
The role requires a high level of coordination and exceptional people skills, as well as a deep understanding of what makes a good customer experience.
This is a part-time permanent position for 23 hours per week, including one weekend day. The days of working will depend on property activities and a high degree of flexibility is essential.
Ultimately, what makes this a truly special job will be your ability to shape the visitor experience at one of our flagship properties during a time of growth.
It’s a dynamic role at a heritage site and we need someone who can take on a challenge. To deliver this role successfully, you’ll need to have:
• keen eye for detail, taking on responsibility for all aspects of the visitor experience;
• Experience in co-ordinating volunteers and have an ability to provide on-the-job leadership and training;
• An understanding of what good customer service is and an ability to create an environment that encourages others to achieve high standards of visitor experience;
• A passion for enabling access to cultural heritage sites and ensuring all visitors feel welcome;
• Knowledgeable about office management, including possessing basic financial management skills
• Demonstrated experience in managing events and overseeing multi-faceted activities that require close supervision;
• Excellent time management skills and an ability to constantly re-prioritise tasks to ensure completion within required timeframes;
• Excellent communication, customer service and team work skills, including an ability to conduct guided tours;
• Experience working in a museum, heritage property or heritage environment;
• An understanding of and commitment to the National Trust’s aims, objectives and workplace values.
You must be fully vaccinated and have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
• For a full position description or any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to: email@example.com
You might also be interested in:
Collection Enhancement Project Officer
This job is with the Australian Museum and closes on 30 June 2022.
Program Producer, Sydney WorldPride 2023
This job is with the National Art School and closes on 10 July 2022.