About the role
The City of Parramatta will be opening its first multipurpose community hub at Wentworth Point in mid-2019.
This contemporary facility, designed to provide programs, services and spaces to fast growing local communities, will house a library, community meeting rooms, an artist exhibition space, music practice spaces, a co working space for micro business people and a café.
In addition, a community activities space in the forecourt of the building will also be available.
Council is seeking a suitably skilled and experienced person to help develop and manage this new facility and the programs and activities that will operate from it. A small team of specialist and administrative staff will work with the Manager to fulfil the vision of this community hub.
About the person
To be the successful candidate for this role, you will:
• Have relevant qualifications in facility and/or event management and solid experience and achievements in this type of work;
• Have a good understanding of the operations of a modern library service;
• Demonstrate high quality communications and community engagement skills;
• Demonstrate effective adaptive leadership capabilities and a have a track record of successfully managing small teams;
• Be innovative and strategic whilst exhibiting strong governance skills and have an eye to detail;
• Have good financial management and contractor management skills and experience