Technical Assistant Digital Preservation
Working collaboratively within the Conservation team, provide technical support and expertise to the Digital Preservation Program that is currently being established at the Gallery. The role will provide support to the Digital Preservation manager in the development and implementation of a digital preservation system, including procedures and workflows for the preservation of works in the collection, the National Art Archive and content created by the Gallery.
What technical / soft skills you require
- A relevant qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant experience working with digital data, metadata and systems within a repository or collection management context (such as libraries, galleries, museums, archives, or special collections)
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts, processes, and tools of digital preservation
- Understanding of metadata standards and file formats with regards to long-term preservation
- Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of digital preservation resources and tools, particularly in relation to technical issues
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Museum and Gallery collection management processes and standards
- Good digital literacy with the ability to understand and adapt to a new digital infrastructure or platform quickly.
You might also be interested in:
Creative Learning Manager
This job is with the Ngununggula, Retford Park, Southern Highlands Regional Gallery and closes on 6 December 2021.
Post-Processing Officer (Collection Digitisation)
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 12 December 2021.
Director, Visual Arts
This job is with the Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of The Lewers Bequest and closes on 18 December 2021.