Team Leader, Venues Services & Events
We are looking for a bold and collaborative Team Leader, Venues Services & Events who is excited to join a leading NSW Government Executive Agency as we embark on a period of change and expansion. You will be joining a professional and dynamic team that is focused on delivering high quality results and services.
What you’ll do with us
This role will Manage the delivery of commercial venue hire bookings and events to meet the strategic goals for the activation of Sydney Living Museums properties, and to generate significant self-generated revenue and visitation.
What the essential requirements of the role are
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in event management or business-related subject and or a minimum of 5 years or more experience in managing venues and commercial hospitality business activities.
- Experience and proven track record in implementing venue hire strategies to achieve strong profitable business growth.
- Superior leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff as part of a high-performing events team to deliver individual goals and organisational priorities.
- Proven experience in working in a cross-functional team environment with a strong commitment to high level of customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, build and maintain effective relationships with team members, clients, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Superior negotiation and influencing skills with highly developed written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to customer service delivery.
- Ability in managing multiple clients, working to set budgets and targets and in developing long term business partnerships combined with a working knowledge of sales, event booking and CRM systems.
- Willingness to work across and ability to travel to multiple work locations.
You might also be interested in:
This job is with the Penrith Performing & Visual Arts and closes on14 December 2022.
This job is with the Broken Hill City Council - Outback Archives and closes on 5 December 2022.