Exciting opportunity to contribute to the renewal of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences including the development of the Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta, expansion of the Museums Discovery Centre and the strategic development of the Ultimo Creative Industries Precinct.
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in engaging communities with contemporary ideas and issues. Established in 1879, the museum includes the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and the Powerhouse in Castle Hill. The Museum is custodian to over half a million objects of national and international significance and is considered one of the finest and most diverse collections in Australia.
The Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in the country. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW.
Senior Manager, Strategy and Operations – Powerhouse Program
The Senior Manager, Strategy and Operations will ensure that the client-side strategic and operational requirements of the Powerhouse Program are met including strategic, commercial and operational planning and stakeholder management. This will include change management, partnership development and logistics that is integrated and responsive to the capital program. Through collaboration, attention to detail and applying best practice you will contribute to the successful delivery of the Powerhouse Program.
- Experience in a senior role with responsibility for successfully contributing to the delivery of major programs and projects within a context of tight timeframes and budgets.
- Experience in strategic and corporate planning.
- Experience in establishing robust commercial operational models.
- Ability to develop and sustain partnerships across Government, the private sector and community.
- Strong understanding of NSW Government policy, direction and objectives, particularly in relation to resource management, continuous improvement and service delivery functions.
- Experience in budget management and overseeing the performance of staff, contractors and consultants.
- Experience in contributing to organisational change.