- Ongoing, Fulltime
- Sydney CBD – The Domain
- Clerk Grade 7/8
- Total Remuneration Package up to $119,208
- Salary Range ($97,151 to $107,540)
Established in 1871, the Art Gallery of New South Wales is located in Sydney’s The Domain adjacent to the Royal Botanic Garden and near the Central Business District, the Gallery acknowledges the original custodians of this land – the Gadigal people of the Eora nation. The Gallery attracts around 1.4 million visitors annually and runs Australia’s largest education program with over 90,000 student and teacher visits per year.
With the recent approval of our expansion project, the Gallery is poised to deliver a new state-of-the-art building, located next to our existing and much-loved building. Providing us with close to double the current exhibition space, the expanded Gallery will enable us to share more art with more people and provide more family, learning and educational programming for all our audiences.
To help us achieve our ambition, we are seeking diverse, collaborative, supportive and brilliant individuals to work alongside our existing talent and build on our rich history to create an even more inspiring Gallery for the future.
The Senior Front-end Developer designs and develops digital services and products with a clear focus on audience needs. They require strong front-end skills and experience and will drive the adoption of component-based architecture and UX/UI pattern libraries to build accessible, performant, and responsive websites and in-gallery digital interactives. The person in this role will apply their development skills to create templating systems, design build pipelines and integrate with source-of-truth Gallery systems such as content and collection management.
The Senior Front-end Developer will use their creative technology background to present art in an inclusive and considered way that meets the needs of audience and staff alike. They will be an advocate for innovation in the application of technology within the Gallery.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in developing accessible, performant, secure and responsive websites and digital products.
- Experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining content management systems, in particular using headless or decoupled architectures.
- Experience integrating with databases, products and services using APIs and other methods.
- Experience with prototyping, end-to-end testing and iterative design and development of products using modular, component-based patterns.
- Ability to work with third-party developers as well as work within, and contribute to, coding, comment and commit standards, conventions and styles.
- High-level communication and documentation skills including requirements gathering and user needs analysis.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritise to meet deadlines.