- Ongoing position
- Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Sydney CBD – The Domain
- Clerk Grade 7/8
- Total Salary ($99,431 – $110,064)
- Package up to $122,694 (including superannuation and leave loading)
The Senior Editor manages and coordinates publishing and exhibition editorial projects for print, online and digital formats, to a high standard to meet the Gallery’s goals and objectives.
The role oversees publishing projects, from booklets to major books, from concept to delivery and liaises with internal and external contributors and agencies; provides an editing service for Gallery exhibitions and publications; develops and implements Gallery text house style policy.
What technical / soft skills you require
- Relevant degree or qualification in art, arts or communication.
- High-level communication skills including significant experience in text editing, writing and/or rewriting in a gallery/museum environment for print publications and digital projects, and exhibition interpretation including wall texts and labels.
- Significant project management experience working with internal and external contributors.
- Knowledge of art museum publishing and/or commercial art publishing and distribution.
- Working knowledge of the visual arts, communication technologies and programs.
You might also be interested in:
Digital Producer, Audience Engagement
This job is with the Museum of Contemporary Art and closes on 30 September 2021.
Library & Learning Centre Manager
This job is with the National Art School and closes on 5 October 2021.
External Relations Manager
This job is with the National Portrait Gallery of Australia and closes on 24 September 2021.