Established in 2005, Sullivan+Strumpf presents the work of emerging and established artists working at the forefront of contemporary art. The gallery is devoted to the presentation and promotion of its represented artists and is committed to the development of their practice.
Sullivan+Strumpf Sydney is currently looking for a motivated and dedicated Sales Associate to join our team.
The Sales Associate is people-oriented, they are responsible for supporting the Directors with sales, managing client care and necessary administration to promote and support the gallery.
Our fabulous gallery team is small, so you’ll need to be flexible, motivated and have excellent interpersonal skills. You’ll be able to talk to a variety of people. You’ll be a perfectionist and get things done with accuracy and efficiency and have excellent presentation.
You’ll be highly versatile and flexible, with a strong interest in contemporary art. You’ll be detail oriented, practically minded, self-directed and hold a full driver’s license. Above all, we’re looking for an excellent communicator, team player and someone who loves a job well done with a positive attitude.
– Ensuring high levels of client satisfaction through excellent service
– Front of House meeting and greeting
– Assist with the sales process by managing email enquiries, client database and client care
– Supporting the Directors
– Designing presentations when required
– Business Development, including attending evening events to represent the gallery and connect with the contemporary art community
– A Bachelors qualification and past work experience are a must. A degree in Arts Management, Fine Arts, or related disciplines is favourable.
– Minimum 2 years of work experience in an art related field.
– Basic knowledge of computers is an advantage, MS Office / Mac iWork, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign and database management will be required.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Excellent sense of design.
If you’re interested in applying for the role, please email your resume and a short statement about why you would be the perfect addition to the Sullivan+Strumpf team to, Harriet Reid, Gallery Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday to Saturday, 9am – 5pm. Some evenings and additional hours for meetings, exhibition set-up, art fairs and opening receptions will be necessary.
Commensurate with experience.