We’re looking for an experienced Retail Manager to lead on the planning and opening of HOTA’s new shop and then to manage the shops daily operations.
This is a great opportunity to join the HOTA team and it goes without saying that you’ll need relevant experience and a great attitude to be considered – so please read the full position description below before applying.
The HOTA Shop is due to open in early 2021.
Pre– opening – the Retail Manager will develop and implement all shop processes and procedures, will manage the installation of all shop fittings, will recruit Retail Officers and will manage the installation of a point of sale provider.
Post-opening – the Retail Manager will have responsibility for the daily operation of the store to ensure it runs efficiently and smoothly and for achieving challenging sale
The responsibilities will include but not be restricted to the following:
Pre – opening
- Developing and implementing all shop processes and procedures including but not limited to: ordering, pricing, stock management, cash handling/beginning/end of day, customer service and shop presentation
- Working with the Gallery Director in the design, manufacture and supply of a bespoke range of merchandise
- Managing the installation of shop fittings, merchandise layout and opening day events
- Recruiting and inducting Retail Officers in readiness for gallery opening
- Managing the installation of a point of sale provider
Post – opening
- Managing the daily operation of the store to ensure it runs efficiently and smoothly
- Achieving challenging monthly and annual sales, inventory and related retail KPI targets
- Delivering a store experience that is aligned to HOTA mission, vision and visitor experience
- Managing merchandising layout
- Managing a small team of Retail Officers including team rostering, recruitment, training and development – ensuring excellent customer service
- Developing new product lines for the store, including Gold Coast inspired products, that extend and enhance the visitor experience whilst contributing to meeting commercial targets
- Managing costs and profitability effectively through the store budget and P&L
- Contributing to developments that support HOTA’s strategy for widening access, inclusion and diversity.
- Other duties as requested commensurate with the level of the position
- The responsibilities of this position require the incumbent to be flexible in their approach. There may be a requirement to occasionally work outside of and in addition to contracted hours.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in working toward and through a new retail store opening
- At least five years’ experience in senior retail management or buying roles
- A demonstrable knowledge and passion for the arts and/or design
- Proven history of developing and maintaining effective relationships with suppliers and trade partners
- Demonstrated experience driving sales and operations to meet targets and metrics
- Commercial acumen with the ability to produce and use detailed analytics for evidence-based decision making
- Experience managing a small retail team
- Experience in inventory management, including accurately managing product data and physical inventory
- Experience in product development
- An ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks
- Working knowledge of relevant IT, sales and stock control systems
- An ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level verbal and written communication
- An ability to work effectively under pressure.
Closing date for applications 26 June 2020