Rare Books Cataloguer
The Rare Books Cataloguer works within the Australian Museum’s Collections Enhancement Project (CEP) and is responsible for cataloguing rare books and journals into the Library Management System to ensure they are discoverable in the local catalogue and Libraries Australia.
We are seeking a Rare Books Cataloguer to work within the World Cultures, Archives and Library Team as part of the Australian Museum’s Collection Enhancement Project (CEP).
You will have:
- The ability to work within set timeframes to achieve project outcomes
You may have:
- Experience cataloguing rare books and other non-standard print material
- Prior experience in special collections and archives
- Qualifications acceptable for librarian membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) or other qualifications and experience deemed to be equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in original and copy cataloguing of monographs and serials
- Sound knowledge of library description and classification standards including MARC, RDA, Library of Congress Subject Headings, Dewey Decimal Classification, and AACR2 with the capacity to interpret them for non-standard material
- Demonstrated experience in using Library Management Systems
- Demonstrated experience using Libraries Australia
- Understanding of the importance of cultural competencies in cataloguing material with First Nations content, and capacity to interpret and apply appropriate cataloguing terms to this material
You might also be interested in:
Public Programs & Education Officer
This job is with the Northern Beaches Council and closes on 22 August 2022.
National Centre for Creative Learning Coordinator
This job is with the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia and closes on 18 August 2022.
This job is with the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and closes on 28 August 2022.