Property/Gallery Manager – Norman Lindsay Gallery
Property/Gallery Manager; Norman Lindsay Gallery
National Trust of Australia (NSW)
– Re-advertised –
• Location: Faulconbridge, NSW
• Job Type: Permanent Full-time
• Category: Museums and Galleries
• Sectors: Arts, Culture, Heritage
• Reports to: Director Galleries
• Salary package: $90.5 FTE inc. super and leave loading
The National Trust NSW is the State’s largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 75 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations through advocating for the conservation and protection of our built, cultural and natural heritage.
Located in Faulconbridge in the Blue Mountains, the Norman Lindsay Gallery is situated in the house once occupied by the famous Australian artist Norman Lindsay. Set in sprawling gardens that wrap around the homestead, the Gallery, grounds and etching studio showcase his many paintings and sculptures depicting Bohemianism and Arcadian pantheism.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable curatorial expert to provide strong and inspirational leadership in managing all aspects of the Property and Gallery through:
- Enhancing the quality of presentation and interpretation of the exhibition and studio spaces, gardens and collections.
- Developing events and programs that engage and inspire our visitors and the community.
- Ensuring the property is cared for and reflects the aspirations of the Trust in ways which are relevant to the broader community, ensuring the brand is recognised, respected and embraced by all cultures.
You will be a person who enjoys a challenge and who can recognise the incredible potential of the Norman Lindsay Gallery. Highly organised and motivated, you will have the ability to multi-task across numerous activities whilst also delivering outstanding outcomes that are core to the vision and mission of the National Trust (NSW).
You will also have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a discipline related to visual art; art administration; curatorship or other relevant discipline
- Current knowledge of the latest best-practice guidelines related to curatorial and gallery management
- An attention to detail combined with the ability to think creatively and critically across a diverse range of areas
- Strong inter-personal skills, and the ability to communicate and engage with all levels of the organisation, especially volunteers and visitors.
- Strong problem solving capabilities with an excellent attention to detail and ability to be responsive to the needs of the entire property
- Min of five years’ experience in a similar role
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Free entry to National Trust (NSW) properties worldwide
- Salary Packaging with a NFP organisation
We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of a regional gallery to the wider community, who is innovative and who desires to share and interpret all our Australian heritage stories in a way that awakens a sense of place and belonging. We offer a flexible work environment and a great workplace culture that is focused on bringing the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. You must be fully vaccinated and have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
This role is being re-advertised and previous applicants are welcome to reapply
- For a full position description visit https://www.nationaltrust.org.au/positions-vacant-nsw/or any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email email@example.com
- To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Sunday 29 January 2023
You might also be interested in:
Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator
This job is with the National Gallery of Australia and closes on 30 January 2023