We are looking for a passionate and collaborative Project Officer – Exhibitions & Travelling Exhibitions who is interested in joining a leading NSW Government agency focused on creating a living future for the past so that our visitors can experience Sydney’s past as if they had lived it themselves.
What the opportunity is:
- Employment with Sydney Living Museums, NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet
- Clerk Grade 3/4 – $87,900. Package includes salary ($72,418 – $79,297), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Temporary full-time employment (for a period up to 3 years)
- The role will be based at The Mint in Sydney’s CBD but will also be required to work across other locations as directed.
This recruitment activity is conducted in accordance with Rule 26 of the Government Sector Employment Rules 2014 in relation to the employment of eligible persons. This role is targeted for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and people with refugee status. This role is open to all applicants; however, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and refugee candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
What we do
Sydney Living Museums (SLM) cares for a group of 12 of the most important historic houses, gardens and museums in NSW on behalf of the people of NSW.
Our commitment to our audience is to maintain the museums, landscapes and collections with integrity whilst presenting the narrative of each in contemporary, compelling and relevant ways.
Our purpose is to enrich and revitalise people’s lives with Sydney’s living history, and to hand the precious places in our care and their collections on to future generations to enjoy.
What you’ll do with us
This role supports the travelling exhibition program and the coordination of minor displays to provide administrative support and assistance with the project management of all aspects of the development, production, design, installation and evaluation of nominated interpretation projects and major exhibitions.
What the essential requirements of the role are:
- Experience working on the development, coordination and installation of travelling exhibitions and displays.
- Experience working across a range of administrative tasks and using computer applications to support projects and teams
- Experience with object handling and care.
- Current NSW driver’s licence.