Program Officer – Artist Studio
This is a temporary role until 30th June 2022.
This position is responsible for planning and coordinating public facing programs of Parramatta Artists’ Studios, specifically Rydalmere Studios and supporting the activities of the Studios.
Parramatta Artists’ Studios is an initiative of City of Parramatta Council. It provides a supportive studio environment for artists to develop their practices whilst also connecting them with a community of peers and arts professionals. Through the public program, the Studios provide participation and engagement opportunities for artists as well as communities from Parramatta and beyond, contributing significantly to Parramatta’s vibrant culture.
On a daily basis you will:
- Develop, plan, program and deliver public programs including workshops, activities, tours, talks and events based at the Artists’ Studio or in other locations.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with contractors required to deliver public programs, including seeking quotes and finalising procurement requirements for all contractor and suppliers.
- Identify and coordinate media, marketing and promotional opportunities which arise from public programs and activities.
- Liasing with Studio Artists to facilitate studio tenancy program.
About the person
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Art, Museum Studies, Communications, Events Management or equivalent competencies gained through career and industry experience.
- Experience in a variety of settings such as galleries, museums, artists’ studios, visitor services, hospitality and venue management.
- Experience in the planning and delivery of innovative public programs within an arts environment.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the operational aspects of venues and/or public events, including engaging contractors, site operations, risk management etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining internal and external partnership relationships to deliver public programs.
You might also be interested in:
Marketing & Membership Assistant
This job is with the Sydney Jewish Museum and closes on 31 May 2022.
First Nations Lead Artist Educator
This job is with The National Gallery of Australia and closes on 6 June 2022.