- Salary Classification: Clerk Grade 5/6 ($85,488 – $94,326) with a total remuneration package up to $104,560 per annum
- Employment Status: Temporary full-time employment for a period up to 2 years
- Location: Sydney CBD
About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet. The AM is the first museum in Australia and was founded in 1827. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 19.5 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite. The AM’s purpose is to make nature, Indigenous cultures and science accessible and relevant to everyone.
About the role
The Producer of Science, Engagement and Events will develop and coordinate the delivery of AM’s science events for a broad range of audiences, leveraging knowledge of best practice public programming and pedagogy practices, audience development in alignment with AM’s audience engagement strategy and AM’s collection.
You will coordinate and deliver AM’s signature event Science the City whilst maintaining existing audiences and developing new audiences. You will create broad and engaging initiatives and collaborative opportunities covering a large variety of sciences as well as promoting the collection that embeds AM seamlessly within NSW’s science and cultural landscape.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in education, science communication, event management, or the arts and cultural sector.
- Demonstrated experience producing education-based events including planning and delivering a diverse range of public programs and initiatives
- Comprehensive knowledge of the science, science communication and cultural sectors
- Experience with planning and event coordination with an ability liaise with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Hold a valid NSW Working with Children clearance.
- Adequate knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in this Role Description.
Only applications through iworknsw will be considered.