Bundanon is a unique arts and education organisation in regional Australia, with a strong national and international profile. It is situated on 1,000 hectares of bush and parkland overlooking the Shoalhaven River. It was created in 1993 by a generous gift to the Australian nation by Arthur Boyd and his family, of land and several buildings with contents, including a significant art collection. Bundanon’s art collection is currently valued at $46.5M
Bundanon is in a period of ongoing transformation, following the 2021 completion of an architecturally award-winning build of a new Art Museum, and The Bridge, to support a wide range of cultural tourism, educational and commercial customers.
Bundanon is also at an important stage of its philanthropic donor engagement. This Philanthropy Assistant role is a rare and valuable opportunity to join the staff of a leading and extraordinary Australian cultural institution, at a point where its philanthropic activity is in an early and dynamic stage of growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Philanthropy Assistant will support the work of the Head of Development in establishing and maintaining a strong flow of donor funds to Bundanon.
In the role, you would support the implementation of philanthropy at Bundanon, across all donor programs and fundraising activities. You would also contribute to the development and growth of Bundanon’s donor engagement programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Responsible for maintaining accurate donor records on the Client Relationship Management database, and ensure that communications with donors and prospects are accurately maintained and recorded
– Provide support to the Head of Development in donor relationship management and communications
– Assist with donor and patron events at Bundanon and elsewhere
– Assist with the research and identification of funding, other resources, and partnership opportunities, which may contribute to Bundanon’s growth and consolidation. This would be done with guidance from Head of – Development and in liaison with Bundanon colleagues.
– Assist with the development of documents, including budgets, to articulate Bundanon’s programs and to secure support
– Assist with reporting on funding or on in-kind donations received
– Monitor and co-ordinate donor-related collateral material and mailouts
– Maintenance and timely updating of a Client Relationship Management (CRM) database
– Assist with the preparation of grant applications
– Monitor pledge payments and other annual giving programs
– Assist with donor and other stakeholder communications, and liaison with Bundanon’s Marketing and Communications team
– Liaison with Bundanon’s Finance team to co-ordinate payments, receipts and reporting according to relevant legal and taxation requirements
– Other duties as required
– A relevant qualification in one of these areas (or similar) – business, communications, marketing, arts administration or museum studies. Completed or current students may apply.
– An existing understanding, or a willingness to learn about, the process of building donor relationships, and an enthusiasm to progress in a development career
– Database experience: capacity to learn new computer systems quickly, if prior experience is not with Client Relationship Management (CRM) databases in particular
– Strong written and research skills, which are essential for contributing to grant applications and donor communications. Prior experience with writing grant applications and/or donor communications is highly desirable
– Close attention to detail and a professional approach across all work tasks
– Excellent inter-personal and communication skills. An enthusiastic and friendly manner, with a great skill to work in a team and to balance multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
– A clear understanding of the need for integrity, discretion and confidentiality in philanthropy work
– Willingness to work flexible hours on occasion, when required
– Knowledge of WHS and Equal Opportunity, and commitment to learn about, and work within, other legislation relevant to the role
– Prior experience in the planning and delivery of events
– Experience within a fundraising or marketing team and/or customer service team
– An appreciation of the importance of the arts and wider not for profit sector, and of the importance of administrative skills to sustain these sectors
– No prior knowledge of art is necessary. However, an appreciation of its importance to community is important. – Bundanon presents a rich opportunity to develop your knowledge and interests in art, across a range of art forms.
Send a brief cover letter, a statement against the selection criteria above, and a CV including the names of three referees (referees will only be contacted after clearance with the applicant) to:
Jane Johnston, Corporate Services Manager
by 5pm, Wednesday 24 August 2022
You might also be interested in:
Videographer/Creative Content Producer
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 6 February 2023.
Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator
This job is with the National Gallery of Australia and closes on 30 January 2023