Part Time Contract Project Manager
The Batemans Bay Heritage Museum is looking for a bold and passionate Part Time Contract Project Manager for our Pivot to Maritime Project. We are seeking someone interested in joining a vibrant, volunteer run museum in a regional coastal town with big plans for its future. Our ideal candidate will help create new ways for visitors to experience the Eurobodalla Shire’s maritime history as if they had lived it themselves. Through this project we hope to create a living future from our region’s past.
What you’ll do with us
This role will lead and oversee the development, delivery, monitoring, and evaluation of a museum experience within the context of the Batemans Bay Heritage Museum’s Pivot to Maritime Project. This role supports the strategic and operational objectives of Clyde River and Batemans Bay Historical Society.
- Reports to Program Manager for this work
- Payment is contingent upon a correctly rendered tax invoice (periodicity of invoicing to be agreed with the Program Manager.)
The essential requirements of the role are:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in project planning and delivery in the cultural sector, heritage, design or government.
- Extensive experience in coordinating the design, development and implementation of a Destination Enrichment plan.
- Experience in developing museum exhibitions
- Experience in planning and staging the opening of a new experience
- Experience in preparing business cases and project plans, establishing appropriate governance, identifying, allocating and managing resources, and meeting reporting requirements
- Ability to work with an enthusiastic team of volunteers and pass skills on to them.
- Willingness to develop relationships with business leaders and local government officials to secure the future of the Batemans Bay Heritage Museum as a key tourist destination within the Eurobodalla Shire.
You might also be interested in:
Project Coordinator – Exhibitions and Capital Works
This job is with the Art Gallery of New South Wales and closes on 4 October 2022.
National Centre for Creative Learning Assistant
This job is with the Museum of Contemporary Art and closes on 5 October 2022.