The Lyons Gallery is looking for an Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the business and upkeep the gallery.
The Operations Manager will oversee the organisational activities of the gallery and coordinate the weekly operations schedule. They will work closely with the collections/registration manager and bookkeeper to establish efficient systems for managing the buying, selling, and shipping of artworks for clients and exhibitions. This will include reconciling sales, fulfilling artwork purchases, and coordinating shipping.
The Operations Manager will also oversee the daily maintenance of the gallery, including: replenishing gallery supplies and public-facing documents such as price lists and business cards; upkeep the organisation of the gallery and gallery computer; and organise professional interior and exterior cleaning when required. To this end, the operations manager will also organise staff and supplies for exhibitions, including bar staff, catering and any additional entertainment or staff required.
– Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organisation
– Develop, implement, and maintain operation systems
– Grow the efficiency of existing organisational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the gallery’s internal capacity
– Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
– Checking and receiving invoices and coordinating with accounts to ensure suppliers and contractors are paid diligently
– Experience in the gallery and museum sector is preferred
– Operations and gallery management experience
– Four days
– Ability to work on weekends
Applications close 18 October, 2021Find Out More
You might also be interested in:
T349– Project Officer Bookings
This job is with the Australian National Maritime Museum and closes on 3 November 2021.
Senior Community Heritage Officer
This job is with the Maitland City Council and closes on 7 November 2021.