The Museums and Cultural Engagement team has a fantastic opportunity for a Museum Registration Officer, Documentation, to join the Chau Chak Wing Museum. As Museum Registration Officer, Documentation, you will principally process loans and acquisitions. You will work across all documentation roles which include loans, acquisition, database maintenance, development and online access. This role supports the Chau Chak Wing Museum’s collections, exhibitions and loans.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Museum Registration Officer, Documentation who has:
- computer and database skills – experience using Excel, Word, and EMu database, including importing and exporting of data. Crystal report writing experience preferred
- significant loans experience (more than 3 years) in museum or art gallery environments with collections areas like those held by the Museum
- significant acquisitions experience (more than 3 years) in museum or art gallery environments with collections areas like those held by the Museum
- competency in the recording of object locations and documentation, handling, movement and packing of museum and art gallery objects. including physical numbering of museum objects
- ability to lift and carry objects and climb ladders and work with tools within WH&S guidelines.