Sydney Jewish Museum is seeking an experienced Registrar to manage the recently acquired acquisitions and assist with the backlog of accessioning. Main tasks will be preparing and maintaining the permanent record of history, provenance, condition, and location of each object donated, ensuring ongoing care of collections; research, writing, scanning, photography and accessioning onto the database.
- Experience with the various processes involved in documenting and accessioning historical material
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience using Excel, Word and Adlib/Axiell (or similar database)
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of modern history, the Holocaust, Judaism and/or Australian Jewish history is an advantage.