Museum Education and Public Programs Officer
We are seeking an energetic and creative thinker to join the team at the Museum of the Riverina in the position of Education and Public Programs Officer.
- Permanent Full-Time Position – thirty-eight (38) hours per week to be worked Tuesday to Saturday;
- Applicable penalty rates for ordinary hours worked on weekends apply;
- Remuneration of $2,851.22 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $3,421.46 gpf + 10% superannuation;
- Training and development opportunities; and
- Generous leave entitlements.
Your new role:
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing, presenting and evaluating an innovative education and public program schedule engaging with a diverse range of audiences;
- Marketing and communications relating to the museum’s exhibitions, education and public programs schedules; and
- Coordinating events in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders.
What you will need to succeed:
To be successful in this position you will:
- Have a current NSW Working with Children Check Clearance;
- Be well organised with excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage competing tasks and work to deadlines;
- Have experience in the development of online content;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to engage with the school curriculum;
- Have experience in event management; and
Have a willingness and availability to work a Tuesday to Saturday permanent roster including some scheduled after-hours work.
Applications close Monday, 27 September 2021@ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 4 October 2021.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.Find Out More