Museum Collections Officer
Council is seeking a suitably qualified applicant to fill the permanent full-time Museum Collection Officer role.
The Albert Kersten Mining & Minerals Museum, locally known as the GeoCentre, is repositioning itself for 21st Century service delivery. The Museum team plays a pivotal role in ensuring Council is a leading partner with our community to achieve our city’s vision of being a living museum and promotes its unique heritage listing.
We are seeking suitable applicants responsible for Broken Hill City Council’s science communication, champion scientific literacy in the community, build public awareness, and engage with science regarding Broken Hill’s geological, mineralogical, mining, and metallurgical histories. This position will also maintain, document, catalogue and preserve the GeoCentre collection.
Reporting directly to the Gallery & Museum Manager, you will ensure the collections of the Albert Kersten Mining & Minerals Museum are easily accessible through best practice collection management. You will play a vital role in developing the procedures, protocols and workflows for collection management and contribute to the Museum’s ongoing planning.
The ideal candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate the following:
- A ‘can do’ attitude focused on delivering outcomes.
- Commitment to a values and behaviours leadership model and preparedness to ‘Play your Role’.
- Building a culture where the ‘organisation-wide’ adopted values and behaviours of the organisation are championed.
- Commitment to embracing Council’s customer service framework and to ‘Think like the Customer’.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and embracing change.
- Have a commitment to the liveability of our community.
You might also be interested in:
Casual Education & Public Programs Assistant
This job is with the Orange City Council and closes on 1 October 2023.
Senior Curator, Contemporary Australian Art
This job is with the Art Gallery of NSW and closes on 27 September 2023.