Museum Assistant Front of House
Bathurst Regional Council is currently seeking an innovative individual with proven high quality customer service skills, merchandising, cash handling/stocktaking and computer literacy. The successful candidate will be self motivated and have an understanding of what it takes to work with a team to provide high quality visitor experiences. The ideal candidate will have a passion and knowledge of minerals and fossils and day to day operations of working in a museum or tourism environment.
This position reports directly to the Museum Coordinator, Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service and a positive image of the Museum and Bathurst Regional Council.
- Retail experience, including cash handling, shop presentation skills and stocktaking.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with people in a polite, friendly and informative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and undertake tasks unsupervised.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment providing positive input into the work environment.
- Computer skills, including word processing, maintaining databases, web and social media platforms.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $795.26 to $835.54 per week (plus weekend loading) + super
Position Status: Permanent Part Time
Hours of work: 30 hours per week Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday – 8:45am to 4:45pm with a 30 minute lunch break
Application closing date: Sunday 27 June 2021, at 11.30pmFind out more
You might also be interested in:
Collections and Stories Project Officer
We are currently seeking a Project Officer to assist us in delivering the next phase of the Collections and Stories Project. Applications close on 28 June 2021.
Assistant Gallery Director/Senior Curator
This job is with Mosman Art Gallery and closes on 15 June 2021.