Museum Assistant (casual)
– Casual appointment
– Salary from $29.92 – $34.67 per hour plus 25% casual loading and 10% superannuation
– Exceptional opportunity to gain exposure within the Local Government sector
– Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community
An exciting opportunity has become available for dedicated Museum Assistants to join our dynamic and innovative Cultural Services team. The successful candidates will contribute to Hurstville Museum & Gallery’s vision by providing an efficient, high quality and customer-focused service. In this role you will deliver and design public programs, assist with exhibition development and collection management tasks, and assist with the day-to-day running of the Museum & Gallery.
– Appropriate tertiary qualifications, or obtaining qualifications, in Museum Studies, Arts Administration, Art History or related fields.
– Valid Working with Children Check
– Responsible Service of Alcohol competency card (RSA)
– Highly developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
– Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
– Demonstrated ability to undertake historical research.
– Experience in developing and delivering public programs and events.
– Experience in handling historical material.
– Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Strong commitment and proven ability to deliver a quality customer focused service.
If you would like further information on this role, please download the position description found at: https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/GR210928-museum-assistants-casual
You might also be interested in:
Senior First Nations Creative Producer
This job is with the Australian Design Centre and closes on 29 October 2021.
Facilities, Safety & Compliance Coordinator
This job is with the National Art School and closes on 14 November 2021.