Marketing and Communications Specialist
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
The National Trust NSW is seeking a highly organised and efficient Marketing and Communications Specialist to play a crucial role in brand, end-to-end campaign and project management to achieve awareness, visitation, conservation, membership and commercial objectives. The department connects to the community, members and volunteers through engagement of its conservation work.
The role leads digital marketing across owned, paid and earned channels and will deputise for the Director, Marketing and Communications on media relations and public relations and specific projects as required.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Director, Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for:
- Managing, developing, executing and reporting of the marketing and communications plan
- Managing owned, paid and earned channels to achieve brand and visitation targets and support the National Trust Strategic Plan
- Writing, curating and managing content in-line with best practice SEO and SEM and the brand ‘tone of voice and look and feel’.
- Working with internal stakeholders to manage a production schedule of multimedia
- Administrating all National Trust (NSW) social media channels and online platforms, moderating and responding to engagement, as required.
- Developing cohesive storytelling campaigns that respond to trends in the market and community
- Driving the profile of the National trust NSW and awareness of our properties, conservation work and advocacy across channels.
- Collating data and analytics and providing monthly reports on the website, campaigns, social media and online engagement to create a culture of learning and continued optimisation.
- Managing channel performance to gather insight and inform best practice marketing and communications across the National Trust (NSW)
- Writing exceptional copy for multiple purposes – both online and print
- Coordinating online, social, print, display and search advertising campaigns, including the management of a search agency.
- Managing the monthly eNews, the quarterly Member eNews and Ad-hoc eUpdates.
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications (or equivalent experience) in a discipline related to marketing, communications, multi-media or digital
- You bring 5+ years of experience in managing and implementing fully integrated marketing and communications campaigns in a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- You are proficient in digital marketing across social media, search, web, CRM and eDM.
- You possess high levels of verbal, written and visual communication across various channels with exceptional attention to detail and editing abilities.
- You are highly organised and can manage projects from end to end
- You can demonstrated success in managing large and small-scale projects and anticipating contingencies, including the management of agencies and suppliers.
- You have a thorough understanding of related legislation including the Privacy Act, the Spam Act, data management and permission-based marketing practices
As we’d like you to visit our properties, a Class C driver’s license and a willingness for occasional travel to regional NSW would also be advantageous.
The icing on the cake would be your genuine commitment to heritage, conservation and for-purpose work
You might also be interested in:
Audience Engagement Officer
This job is with Bathurst Regional Art Gallery and closes on 2 October 2022.