- Salary Classification: Clerk Grade 9/10 ($110,745 – $122,037) with a total pro-rated remuneration package up to $135,278 per annum
- Employment Status: Ongoing full-time employment
- Location: Sydney CBD
About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet. The AM is the first museum in Australia and was founded in 1827. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 21 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite. The AM’s purpose is to make nature, Indigenous cultures and science accessible and relevant to everyone
About the role
Support the Finance Team to deliver the AM’s strategic plan, as it relates to Finance and support the business to ensure compliant budget submissions, accurate financial forecasts and budgeting process as well as the profitability of AM. The role overseas the Management reporting function and is responsible for the timely production of all internal financial reporting.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications with a CPA or CA qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in management reporting, budgeting & forecasting, and business partnering to executive management.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Knowledge and experience in order to deliver the key accountabilities and perform to focus capabilities and essential requirements outlined in the role description.
Find out more